Indian economy is now a world’s fastest growing nation. The entire major business entrepreneur is keeping eye on Indian economy to make investments. In 1991, a policy named ‘LPG’ (brought in the Finance Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh) and the approval of FDI in India also making a boom for world players to enter their ventures in India. Now, if we talk about the major changes that comes is Indian economy, is the Service Sector. If we talk about the change in service sector then we must say it is much unexpected. As in 1994, only three services came under the taxation provisions i.e. only three services got taxable under the Finance Act, 1994 and now there are only few services that are left out from the provisions of Finance Act, 1994.
In India for providing any types of services the company/partnership or any business concerns needs to get register themselves under the provisions of Finance Act, 1994 in Form 1 of Service Tax i.e. STR 1. Service Tax is a Tax which is payable on service, provided by the service provider. It is payable on all services except negative list services. Form 1st July, 2012 all services are liable for service tax.
For Registration of Service Tax we shall apply online to fill the ST-1 form it is available on www.aces.gov.in after filling online ST-1 form, the print out copy of the form along with the required documents shall be submitted within 15 Days from the date of filling online application to the jurisdictional Divisional Deputy/Assistant Commissioner of Service Tax office. Otherwise it would lead to rejection of the application.
Documents Required for Service Tax Registration.
- Print out copy of ST-1 form. (Duly signed by the Director / Partner).
- Information for the branch for which single registration has already been taken.
- Documents required for new branch and centralized registration office which is not registered.
a. List of new branches, which are not registered. (Name and address of branches)
b. Name and address of that place where centralized billing is to be done.
c. Address proof
Note – No address proof is required for existing branches for which ST-2 is already issued.
Proof of address:
I) In case of self owned property, property tax document or sale deed etc.
II) In case of rental property, rent agreement or rent receipt of registered co.
4. Details of the Director / Partners / Proprietors / Authorized signatory.
a) Name and address of the Director / Partners / Proprietors,
b) Name and address of authorized signatory,
c) Copy of PAN,
d) ID Proof.
5. Copy of PAN of the assessee.
6. Bank Details, Name, address and account no of at least one major Bank, and attach photo copy of blank cheque.
7. MOA / Partnership Deed.
8. Notarized affidavit certifying of keeping centralized accounting or billing.
9. Undertaking in annexure III for centralized registration and in annexure V for single registration.
We are the best service tax consultants in India; we have a team of experts and professional who help you to register in service tax with least time and efforts. We help you in all your workings and give you full satisfaction about your work.